The Maestro 2000 (M2000) is our flagship product, an advanced RTU-PLC for remote monitoring and control. It is able to connect and communicate over virtually any available communication medium.
The SSE-MAESTRO M2000/RTU12 is one of the series of advanced PLC-RTU for the remote monitoring and control of equipment over long distances. The SSE series of PLC-RTU’s can connect seamlessly through the SSE-OPC Server, to almost any of the popular SCADA systems. The SSE-MAESTRO M2000/RTU12 can be expanded to accommodate additional I/O modules.
In conjunction with our SSE-OPC server, they form a synergy of data collection and distribution to most OPC standard SCADA systems.
The host of form-fit, modular I/O expansion and communication medium modules are available to expand the basic functionality of the product.
The SSE-MAESTRO has the following features:
- Powerful-modular software design.
- A real-time I/O device.
- Intelligent Data Logger.
- Remote time stamping of event and logged data.
- Totally configurable and programmable from the Picasso Configuration Toolbox.
- Modular and easily expandable.
- Excellent EMI Protection.
- Programmable with powerful PLC Languages.
- Industrial standard high speed processor.
- On-Board 512K Word Flash and 512K Word RAM.
- On-Board FFSK Radio Modem for analogue radios.
- On-Board Real-time clock and watch-dog timer.
- On-Board LED’s indicating the Digital Input and Digital Output Status.
- Through a Communication Orchestrator, the SSE-MAESTRO can extract data for PLC’s, Intelligent Flow meters, controllers, etc.
- Built to ISO 9000 Standards.
- 24 I/O’s on the main processor board of the SSE-MAESTRO, 8 DIN, 8 AIN, 8 DOT.
- Additional I/O modules can be added through the parallel expansion bus.
On-Board I/O Specifications:
- Analogue Inputs (AIN):
- 8 Inputs
- 12 Bit Resolution
- 0.1 % Accuracy
- Single ended
- Additional AIN on expansion modules
Digital Inputs (DIN):
8 Inputs, with LED status display
5 kV isolation
Additional DIN on expansion modules
Digital Outputs (DOT):
8 Outputs, with LED status display
250mA sinking per channel
Additional DOT on expansion modules
Input Output (I/O) Expansion Capabilities
Over and above on-board I/O’s the main SSE-MAESTRO CPU module, has additional I/O expansion modules that can be added to extend the range of the discrete I/O’s per SSE-MAESTRO. The typical I/O modules that can be added are:
Multi I/O Module (8 DIN, 8 AIN, 8 DOT)
Maestro 24-Channel Digital Input Module.
Maestro 24-Channel Digital Output Module.
4 or 8 Channel Analogue Output Module.
Voltage: 9 to 17 Volts DC
Power Consumption: < 200mA
2 x RS232 ports (300 to 57600 bps) RJ45 (EIA-561 Compatible)
One FFSK Analogue Radio Modem Port
PTT, DCD and Test LED’s
The SSE-MAESTRO is packed with powerful features and functions such as:
- Digi-peating. (Store and forward)
- All individual I/O are configurable by alarm rising, falling, delta change (Analogue) or state change (Digital)
- Programmable as a PLC
- I/O Mapping
- Intelligent Data Logger
- Report by change of state
- Communication Orchestrator
Digi-Peating (Digital Repeating) – (Store & Forward)
Digi-Peating is a method by which a message can be stored and then forwarded to a destination station through other SSE-MAESTRO remote stations. Three intermediate SSE-MAESTRO Stations can be used to digi-Peat (repeat) the message to reach the destination station. Thus, any Maestro equipped remote station can be used to reach stations at far end points. It eliminates the use of expensive repeaters.
The SSE-MAESTRO is totally configurable by using the Configuration Toolbox of the SSE-OPC Server. The SSE-OPC Server can be used to configure and program hundreds of settings and options available in the SSE-MAESTRO.
The SSE-OPC Server can also be used to configure the SSE-MAESTRO, and has powerful features by which detailed and comprehensive fault finding tests can be executed on the SSE-MAESTRO.
The SSE-MAESTRO can also be programmed to be used to execute control and other PLC decision making tasks. Although it does not have the quick cycle times of a PLC, complex tasks can still be executed. The PLC instruction set programming can be done inside the SSE-OPC Server programming and configuration Toolbox and can then be remotely downloaded via any of the selected communication medium.
Not only local control can be done, but also remote control. Any SSE-MAESTRO can control any other SSE-MAESTRO through a selected communication medium.
Intelligent Data Logging
The SSE-MAESTRO has a very powerful logger functionality:
- Log user selectable digital inputs on change of state, either high going or low going edges.
- Log user selectable analogue inputs on user definable change of value. The analogue input can be averaged over a user definable time period and the average can then be logged.
- Log user selectable digital inputs and/or analogue input on user selectable regular time intervals such as every 5 Sec, or 5 Minutes, etc.
Any SSE-MAESTRO can request data from any other SSE-MAESTRO, and/or report any data to any other SSE-MAESTRO on the communication network. By using I/O Mapping, the transmitted data or received data can be mapped or routed to the received SSE-MAESTRO internal data structure to be used for control and decision making purposes.
Data can be reported to any number of other SSE-MAESTRO’s or SCADA’s on the communication network. The reporting can happen either on change of state for digital or change of value for analogue inputs. Data will also be transmitted when requested by the base station were the SSE-OPC Server resides.
Any analogue (interger or real value), counter input and digital input can be configured as event driven inputs. All parameters to make the inputs are user configurable from the SSE-OPC configuration toolbox.
All change of state values are time stamped within the SSE-MAESTRO. The new value with the time stamp will then be transmitted to the destination for processing.
Communication Orchestrator (Master Protocols)
The SSE-Maestro has a unique functionality by which it can be configured to extract data from a number of other intelligent devices such as PLC’s, flow meters, controllers, power meters, etc.
The following protocols are supported:
- Modbus RTU Master
- Modbus RTU Slave
- Tag Reader*
- ABB Magmaster
Over and above the reporting of Change of State values to other Maestro’s or SCADA system, the SSE-MAESTRO can also be configured to send text messages to Mobile Cell Phone users to report alarms. The text describing the alarm condition received on the Mobile phone is completely configurable by the end user or client.
SSE has a comprehensive and powerful OPC Server which makes the SSE-Maestro equipment a truly open system. Any SCADA or other third party software with OPC Client drivers can interface with the SSE Telemetry equipment via the SSE OPC Server.
- SSE-MAESTRO with 14-Way pluggable ribbon connectors: SSE-MAESTRO/14.
- SSE-MAESTRO with 10-Way pluggable screw terminal connectors: SSE-MAESTRO/10.