The GE MDS MCR (Multiservice-Connect Router) and ECR (Edge-Connect Router) are ultra reliable rugged wireless routers based on the MDS Orbit platform.
They enable operators to extend secure and reliable 2G/3G/4G LTE cellular connectivity to critical applications while minimizing network downtime and improving application availability.
The MCR and ECR share the same Orbit networking and security functionality with the MCR being a dual WAN radio router and the ECR a single WAN radio router in a more compact form factor.
They support a rich set of cellular modem options spanning 2G/3G/4G LTE technologies and covering a wide variety of bands in order to maximize the flexibility of deployment across carriers and countries. The Orbit platform features rich networking capabilities with integrated routing and switching, tunneling, VPNs as well as advanced Quality of Service. It further supports a rigid enterprise-class security framework to enable the secure transport of data and advanced protection of network and assets.
- Minimize network downtime and maximize critical applications availability utilizing dual private and cellular radio options on the MDS Orbit MCR
- Extend cellular coverage into rural areas using a cellular uplink and a private point to multipoint radio downlink on the MDS Orbit MCR
- Protect network assets and access with enterprise-class security such as firewalling,
- IPSec VPNs, X.509 certificate management, and RADIUS
- Overcome harsh environments with IEEE® 1613 and IEC® 61850-3 and Class 1 Div 2 standard certifications